Friday, December 11, 2009

Okay, so I lagged on updating my blog. So arrest me. Anyways, I guess I'll just summarize the month of November. I think I actually spent 92% of November in Simi Valley.


Desert Trip was pretty fun. Lots of peeps made the trip out there and had tons of fun times. Big ups to Jon Jenkins for helping prepare for the trip. Thanks to him helping, I got to spend some quality time with this Jenkins. He's the coolest! I highly recommend gettin' some Jenkins time in if you haven't already.


Had the best birthday this year ever even though it was the big 3-0. Went to Sizzler as usual and had a great time. Highlight = Jodi showing up! Then Alex and the Silvers helped pick out a sweet hip hop club in L.A. called, "The Little Temple." Funnest place ever! Amazing hip hop, a sweet salsa room and tons of brown people! My favorite! Highlight = Jodi showing up again and driving me home. Also peeing with Jodi by Carl's Jr. in Universal City.



Friends Thanksgiving was pretty sweet! Lots of fun friends and made my usual candied yams. Also shopped for ingredients with Kellie and then cooked at the Silver's. Father Silver helped me discover the treasure of cured gouda cheese! Oh man!
Unfortunately, the Audi is gone. RIP. Got a new whip though! 1997 VW Golf. Runs amazing and will look sweet when I'm done sweeting it up!


That pretty much covers it for November. Today I helped SD Kelly by doing her brakes on her car before her long drive to AZ. Well, I knew that Americans were stupid but today just confirmed it. So the only two bolts that needed to be removed for this task were hex keys. This being an American car I naturally guessed it'd be a standard size. So I pulled out a set. 1/4" was too small, then 5/16" was too big. Hmm? So I thought, "Hmm. Americans are stupid, maybe they use metric parts on their crappy cars." Tried 6mm. Too small. Then tried the 8mm. Too big.
Here's some insight into the world of tools. If you buy a set of metric hex key wrenches or hex key socket wrenches it's extremely rare for it to include a 7mm wrench. This is also true of a few other sizes. This is because a 7mm bolt is virtually non existant. Most smart asian cars use even number sized bolts/nuts.
So back to the story. Ultimately I ended up having to buy a 7mm hex key and it fit. Stupid Americans! Not only do they not use standard size parts on their cars but they use the most retarded sizes of metric parts! I hate you FORD!
I thought this picture was funny and explains the stupidity of Americans.




No comments:

Post a Comment